Small tweaking and research.
One of the important parts of staying relevant and interesting to your customers is to every now and then go tweak and do additional research on all of your social medias.
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s my business Facebook page.
Facebook timeline check.
As one of the biggest social medias out there, Facebook has a very advanced and functional business page option made to public almost completely free. (Stelzner Michael.)
So no wonder a lot businesses use it as their no.1 advertisement point.
One of the things that might affect your advertisement and popularity is the timeline and profile pictures.
These two are the so called welcomers or the so called entrance. The first thing that users will see when they find your page. So you should keep them up to date with all the other pages and change them frequently to keep the customers thinking that a lot is happening.
First up, profile picture.
First the logo
at first when i made it. I thought it looked fine. But after a week of letting it stand out as my flagship i have come to the conclusion that it’s time to find more info on these.
And after a brief check I found a huge resemblance with many of the other pages.
- plain color background
- simple logo
- clear text
- not a snapshot from your page
More helpful stuff was when i found the actual size chart for FB
And after another brief moment I edited mine to a more suitable version too.
A very simplistic look yes but it’s a lot better than the earlier one.
With this one we have:
- simple background
- simple recognizable logo
- clean correctly proportioned picture
- not a dimmed down snapshot from your page banner!!
So basically all that I need! But i’ll have to come back to it some point to check out what more could I do to it. Add the page name under the logo? add a second lighter blue colour to make the logo stand out more? there’s always more to add in.
To me, right now this still looks like a okay timeline photo. It’s clear and simple and you know where to look when you see it.
You can always improve.
From a little bit of searching again, you can find out that even though not all, many other pages use their timeline photo as a possibility to advertise for discounts or seasonal favorites.
If not advertisement, the pages still use it as a place to put in some writing like a review from a famous magazine or a inspirational quote.
So in conclusion the timeline can be a very useful place to add in your seasonal discounts or a word of thanks.
My choice for now though was to leave it as it was as I didn’t have anything to say and hadn’t planned on making any special discounts at the time.
Uses and flaws in additional social media sites
Having to manage several websites at the same time can be a bit of a chore. But widening your searchability is a sure boost for your page and product.
- growth .
- there is a much higher chance for people stumbling to your page.
- instead of having to wait for a long time for emails you can now have a quick chat or discussion everytime you post some new content on your social media.
- product advertisement.
- with the possibility to make posts you can always make one promoting your new products or discounts you have created.
- harmful attention.
- with the anonymity of the social medias, there is a chance that your page might attract some unwanted attention. the internet is full of people that are ready to talk your product down just because they have a bad day or disagree on small details.
- additional work.
- it’s a given when you create a page or a site it will always add into your work load. and if you already have a strict timeline the additional attention you need to give for the some’s might be harmful.
- higher risk for accidents.
- you write a sensitive comment, you get angry at a offending joke or someone understands your idea wrong, whatever it is there is possibility that a fight comes out and it can be harmful for your image.
So in conclusion….
if you are in a stable situation and feel like you have the time and effort to create a social media page you should try it, But be careful not to over work yourself with the additional work you gain from it.
Stelzner Michael.”2015 social media marketing industry report”[accessed: 26,4,2017]https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/SocialMediaMarketingIndustryReport2015.pdf
L.L.Bean(2017)Available at: https://www.facebook.com/llbean/ (accessed: 26,4,2017).
intrepid travel(2017)available at:https://www.facebook.com/intrepidtravel/ (accessed: 26,4,2017).
tough mudder(2017)available at:https://www.facebook.com/toughmudder/ (accessed: 26,4,2017).
burt’s bees (2017) available at:https://www.facebook.com/BurtsBeesUK/?brand_redir=51334529153 (accessed: 26,4,2017).
mabel’s labels(2017)available at: https://www.facebook.com/Mabelhood/ (accessed: 26,4,2017).
threadless(2017)available at: https://www.facebook.com/threadless/ (accessed: 26,4,2017).